Syn Value: 0
Ingredients (Serves 2 with plenty of left overs):
- Peel your potatoes and cut into dices which are roughly 1cm squared.,
- Peel and thinly slice your garlic
- Coat your potato pieces (sweet and white) in the tbsp of Cayenne Pepper, then chuck in a hot pan along with the garlic - we want them to start to catch.
- Keep the potatoes moving from time to time, allowing them to catch slightly but not to the point of burning.
- Mix your Chicken Stock Cube with Boiling Water then pour over the potatoes - this should start bubbling vigorously - just let it be.
- Whilst this is boiling, chop up the rest of your ingredients ready to go.
- Once the stock has reduced down so just the potatoes and garlic remain, throw the rest of your vegetables into the pan and mix well - cook until the onions and peppers are slightly softened.
- Once starting to soften, add the remainder of your spices and stir well - again it'll try and catch here so keep it moving.
- After 4 or 5 minutes, add your chopped tomatoes and tomato passata and once again, mix well.
- Top up with water if you feel it needs more liquid - however it should be fine.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or so, or until the potatoes are all cooked - serve and enjoy.